Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day-brightener

There is hope!

The odds are still against Republicans picking up the 41 seats they need for a House majority. But it's interesting that when Massachusetts Democrat Michael Capuano, fresh from a second-place finish in the primary for Edward Kennedy's Senate seat, was asked to tell the Democratic caucus what he had learned on the campaign trail, he replied in two words: "You're screwed." How many of those listening decided that it would be a good idea to spend more time with the family after 2010? (emphasis added)

HA!

Now, if you want to help send Michael Capuano's message to Democrats, please go here and Strike a Blow for Freedom, right now, by making a donation to Sean Duffy for Congress.

At least go to his website and take a good look at the future. It means retiring Democrat David Obey - who's been in Congress since 1969! - and sending in his place a true conservative, a husband and father to five young children, a prosecutor and log-rolling champion.

I can't wait till 2010!

2 comments:

Lori M. said...

Off-topic (to my favorite blogger with Uncommon Sense):

Thank you so much for inviting me for Christmas dinner! Your meal was sooooooooo delicious and the holiday spirit was so warm in yor home. I felt like I wasn't missing out on Christmas at all, even though I was away from "home" up north and my family.

M.E. said...

Oh, Lori, that's so sweet! Sorry it took me so long to reply here; I've been in an eggnog-and-cookies-induced fog since the 25th. :)

Anyway, thanks again for your kind words; I'm so glad you were able to spend Christmas with us!! I look forward to seeing you again sometime soon; how about you and J come over for dinner one of these days? I keep asking him but I think I should just ask you directly!